Saturday, December 12, 2009

This Morning's Cup

I went to bed at 1:45 am this morning.

Henry woke up at 5:15 am.

Thankfully, I did not hear him, but Joe got up and did the morning with him.  When he finally woke me up out of my slumber it was 6:50 and he had to work in 10 minutes.  This was his Saturday to work.

So I slowly peel myself from the pillow.  My eyes couldn't open. I stumble out to the living room where Henry is happily watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  I join him, place him on my lap and promptly fall back asleep in the sitting position.

Before Joe goes downstairs to start work he asks me if he'd like him to pour me a cup of coffee.

Isn't that sweet?

Very.

However, at that moment I couldn't even lift my eyelids let alone a mug of hot beverage.  I mumbled something along the lines of a "No thanks honey..." and fell back asleep.

About an hour later after dozing in and out, Henry was getting restless and I forced myself to get up and get breakfast and a cup of coffee.

It was one of those cups that you can feel in your veins.  Pure deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment