Monday, July 6, 2009

I don't know how it's possible...

But it is.

I fall in love with my little Henry more and more each day.

Tonight Joe went out with a friend to a movie, so it was just Henry and I. We had a BLAST.

We first played outside with a new big bubble wand I got for a buck at the Dollar Store. I showed Henry once how it worked, and he was hooked. It's amazing to watch him learn, and I'm often in awe of how quickly he learns!

We played with the bubbles for a good 30 minutes, we were both wet with soap, soap all over the driveway and one very wet pair of shoes. Seeing my little man laugh that much and scream with glee is well worth every article of clothing I need to wash!

After the bubbles he "helped" me water the flowers. I showed him how to wrap his tiny hand around the trigger on the sprayer.

When we finally came inside, I got him ready for bed and then he selected a book to read. "Road Trip", which is a tiny book about Mickey and his pals trying to find the beach. We've read the book so many times that he knows to say "No!" on the first three pages when I ask "Is this the beach?" Then finally he shoots his hands up in excitement when we get to the beach. It's absurdly cute.

The second book was a book of trucks. Oh yes. My little guy loves his trucks! We learned about diggers, dump trucks and excavators. After that book, I told him to get one more, but instead he came out with a digger toy he has and showed me how it worked--just like the book.

Finally he went to get another book, "The Hungry Little Catepillar" and he loves to turn the pages when you read about all what the catepillar ate.

Then it was time to brush the teeth and off to bed.

"Mommy?"
"Yes, Henry?"
"Bye"
"Good night baby"
"Mommy?"
"Yes, Henry?"
"Bye"

Repeat. :-)

I love that little dude.

1 comment: